The Gabel Gang

The Gabel Gang

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Long awaited night

For weeks now Lily has been asking when Halloween will arrive. She was eager to get the Halloween decorations out, and I was eager to finish the costumes I had committed to making. I stayed up to 12:30 or later every single night this week. Exhausted, but done sewing, we made it to Friday. After dressing up for the school afternoon parade, we came home to carve pumpkins and have a small party for just the eight of us. On Saturday it went like this: early volleyball game, home, put together party bags for team, Marie and Chris to volleyball, me trick-or-treating quickly to make it to the games, four games, quickly drive 30 minutes home to trick-or-treat, eat a late dinner, sugar high, ready for bed, movie, sugar headache, pick Marie up from Halloween party, bed, oh wait, turn back clocks, stay up later, then bed.
Carving pumpkins on Friday night.
Marie went as a volleyball player because she went trick-or-treating after her game for about a half an hour. Four girls on her team dressed in their uniform, too.
Jaci went as Mary. Someone pointed out to us after the fact...she has a Rosary with the crucifix, and holding Baby Jesus!
Faith wanted to be a girl frog, so I made this outfit for her, complete with eyelashes and frog feet (which you can't see here).
Lily changed her mind on her costume several times, but was happy to pick something from the dress up box.
Isaac showing off his superman outfit, minus the cape and boots. I made the boots...they were so cute. Bummed he didn't wear them.
Teresa's mermaid outfit was cracking us up. At first she kicked her fin off, so I had to add more fabric on so she couldn't get it off!
I love the sky in this picture.

Marie's team after they received the number one seed for their bracket in the tournament.

No comments: