The Gabel Gang

The Gabel Gang

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First week home

Teresa has been home for one week today. As with almost all memorable times in life, it flew by. We can't say its been a totally smooth transition. We have been battling a stomach virus with some of the kids, and they had off the entire week of Thanksgiving and were out of their routine. But we treasured having so much time together. Yesterday was the first day back into the daily grind...the kids back at school and Chris back at work. I had my first meal for the day at 3:00, but I did manage to get everyone feed, dressed, and playing for most of the day. I threw in a couple loads of laundry and made two meals for the week. My favorite part, though, is cuddling with a new baby.
Our Thanksgiving meal
Teresa is awake for our Thanksgiving meal
This was the best part of watching the Bears and Vikings game. At least for Chris. Marie was thrilled the Vikings won as her football loyalties go to the Packers, then Vikings, and last the Bears. Teresa's first bath at home, but since her cord hasn't fallen off, it wasn't the type of bath Isaac expected. He looks on confused, but ready for his bath next!
This is how I found Teresa yesterday afternoon. Lily told me that Isaac did it, but I think it was a joint effort!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Such sweet pictures! Glad to hear (and see) there is lots of love and cuddles going on in your household!