The Gabel Gang

The Gabel Gang

Friday, July 10, 2009

1st of six

A few years ago we were at a party and while casually talking to someone they noticed we had four little girls. He was very curious about our life and after a few questions asked one that still makes me shake my head. He asked, "Are they all different?" I'm sure he didn't mean it quite like that, but I was taken aback by this. They are each a unique person with their own talents, gifts and personality that God gave them. Chris and I work hard to foster their individuality. Yet, it is easy when signing cards or talking about them to group everyone together. So, to showcase each of their individual spirits I'm going to post six posts, one for each of them. In each yearly scrapbook I create I do an individual page about them. This is taken from the digital page I created for Teresa. The link at the bottom will allow you to view the actual scrapbook page.

Teresa is a mover and shocked us all when she started army crawling right after turning five months. In a few short weeks she also figured out how to sit up and push herself up into the sitting position. She's been working on her fine motor skills in grasping objects with one hand. Today I caught her banging two smaller toys together. She looked so proud of herself. For awhile I would feel so sorry for her when she'd try to pick items up because her hands would shake and the concentration on her face almost painful. One night she was trying to grab something off the table while sitting on Chris's lap. She did a sweeping swat several times, but the object only moved away from her. Chris said calmly to her, "You can do it." It was almost as she understood him. Her next attempt was slow and purposeful. She grabbed it. She learns so fast. She's growing so quickly, we can't believe she's six months today!

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww73/keetwo/?action=view&current=Familyalbum2009-Page037.jpg

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

What a great idea for your blog! I am enjoying reading these!