The Gabel Gang

The Gabel Gang

Friday, September 11, 2009

Jaci's Hollywood Party

I'm still recovering from pneumonia, but a little more up and round, so instead of doing laundry, I thought I'd post Jaci's party pictures. Her party was a Hollywood party, so when guests arrived they were chased around the yard by paparazzi (Marie) with a camera. They then walked down the red carpet into the Gabel theater. They first made a craft which was a painted star glued to a baby food jar as a jewelry container or candle holder. Then they picked out items at the concession stand and headed to our screen in the basement to watch Jaci's favorite movie, "Hotel for Dogs". After the movie we did cake and presents. The girls all left around 9:30. We were all tired!! It was really a fun party. In fact, two girls came up to me and said, "Mrs. Gabel, this is the best party I've ever been to." :)
The concession stand, minus the popcorn, which was being made. The dining room table had the crafts the girls painted as they arrived.

On the front lawn to welcome our guests.

On the red carpet...

Popcorn cupcakes (made with marshmallows) for dessert, or as Isaac says, "pop porn".

Jaci beams as we sing "Happy Birthday"

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

It looks so fun! The decorations are amazing! The kitchen is really transformed. And I love the red carpet! I hope you start to feel better soon, Kristen!

Lizzy said...

P.S. Can you email me the name of that cupcake book you have? I want to add it to my Amazon wishlist!